Employment Attorney, Contract Negotiator, Mediator, FOIA Expert & Prosecutor, Traffic Court
Focused on separation agreement negotiations, medical leave rights, pregnancy discrimination claims, employment contracts, government records
“Exploitation of working men is a thing of the past.” – Napoleon Hill, 1937
Attorney Cynthia Pietrucha is passionate about the American workforce. She dedicates her legal practice to employment law, championing medical, disability, and pregnancy rights.
She serves as a federal court mediator, and helps employees and corporations communicate and navigate termination and workplace disputes with severance agreement negotiations, settlements, creative dispute resolution, administrative claims and civil employment litigation. As the founder of Pietrucha Law Firm, LLC in 2015, she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the practice of employment and labor law.
Attorney Pietrucha’s personal experience taking a medical leave of absence from work gives her a unique perspective on the challenges faced by employees in the workplace. Her passion for employment law and her successful track record in representing clients both in and out of court have made her one of the most sought-after employment attorneys in Illinois. She’s helped clients big and small and has handled cases involving some of America’s top corporations – Walmart, Amazon, Grainger, Aldi, FedEx Freight, Apple, T-Mobile, CapitalOne, Bank of America, Fidelity Investments, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Subway, Kraft Heinz and more.
In addition to her work with individual employee clients and corporations, Attorney Pietrucha provides universities with legal consulting services. She has a unique background in public bids, RFPs and public records/FOIA requests and helps universities review employee communications and records.
Additionally, she has been appointed a Prosecutor for the City of Joliet, handling speeding tickets, texting while driving and other minor traffic violations.
Read more about her law firm’s accomplishments in employment law here.
If you’re interested in hiring Attorney Pietrucha to help with your employment dispute, the best way to start is with a telephone or video legal strategy session, which can be easily booked online here. Before your appointment, she will review key evidence in your case. During your appointment, she’ll explain the law, evaluate your case, answer questions you may have, and provide you with practical recommendations to help protect your legal rights.
With Attorney Pietrucha and her team on your side, you can be confident that you have a skilled and experienced advocate fighting for your best interests. Contact her today to schedule your consultation and take the first step towards achieving a successful outcome in your case.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Pre-Law, Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism & Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
- Cynthia’s dual degree program from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a testament to her drive and dedication to academic excellence. With degrees from both the College of Liberal Arts and the College of Media, she brings a unique perspective to her work as an employment lawyer.
- Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Juris Doctor in Law
- As a law student, Cynthia served as a labor delegate at the U.S.-Mexico border, focused on civil rights and Mexican labor law. She also studied entertainment and media law in Los Angeles, California.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Section Council Member Labor and Employment Law
- Make-A-Wish Illinois Associate Board Member and Volunteer
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Volunteer Lawyer
- Oconomowoc Chamber Orchestra, Board Member
Legal Speaker and Presenter
- (Upcoming) Racial Discrimination in the Illinois Workplace: Know Your Rights, Take a Stand, 2023 Pietrucha Law Firm, LLC
- (Upcoming) LinkedIn Strategies for Lawyers – The Art of Building a Strong Online Presence, 2023 Pietrucha Law Firm, LLC
- (Upcoming) The New Illinois Paid Leave Law, 2023 Illinois State Bar Association
- (Upcoming) The New Illinois Paid Leave Law, 2023 Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Pay Equity: Exploring worker classification issues in the Chicago Arts, 2023 Enrich Chicago
- The New Illinois Paid Leave Law, 2023 National Business Institute
- Illinois Employment Law: Hiring, Firing, and Disciplining Employee, 2023 National Business Institute
- Layoffs, Rescinded Job Offers, and Beyond – The Latest Trends and Best Practice, 2022 National Business Institute
- Employment Termination: Employer Obligations and Workplace Considerations, 2022 Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Civil Rights Movements During COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know, 2020 National Academy of Continuing Legal Education
- New Guidance for Re-Opening Your Workplace During COVID-19, 2020 National Academy of Continuing Legal Education
- HR Law Boot Camp – Employee Relations: Legal Solutions for Sensitive Workplace Issues, 2019 National Business Institute
- Dealing With Problem Employees – When the Problem Employee is a Member of a Protected Class, 2019 National Business Institute
- HR Due Diligence: Tips From a Labor and Employment Attorney, 2019 National Business Institute
- Buying and Selling a Business: Start-to-Finish, 2019 National Business Institute
- Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace: Marijuana and Other Considerations, 2019 National Business Institute
- HIPAA Best Practices for HR: Ensuring Confidentiality of Medical Information, 2019 National Business Institute
- Sports Law Sponsorship Agreements, 2015 National Sports Law Competition Judge in San Diego, California
- A Legal Analysis on Piggybacking, Co-ops and Joint Purchasing, 2015 Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials Fall Conference