Book Online Now – Fast & Secure
Hire Our Firm, Schedule an Attorney-Client Meeting & Confirm a Booking Instantly
Book Your Attorney-Client Meeting
Click the book online button to make a booking and choose your date and time for your initial Attorney-Client Meeting.
Confirm Your Booking
We will confirm your booking along with your instructions via secure transaction.
Our trusted & experienced lawyers will advocate for you, putting you in the best light based on the evidence available. All bookings are subject to a conflicts of interest check.
Legal Reviews and Services
Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Legal Representation
Disability, Medical Leave or Medical Accommodations
News Reporter or Anchor Talent Representation
Unpaid Wages Legal Representation
Civil Lawsuit, Mediation, Arbitration or Other Services
Our Experience and Understanding – Over 50 Years of Combined Legal Knowledge
If you’re battling workplace problems, you’re not alone. The Chicago suburban and metro area job market is highly competitive and work disputes here are common.
Managing Attorney, Cynthia Pietrucha, created this firm to provide affordable legal services to Illinois employees. Attorney Pietrucha understands first-hand how quickly your work environment can spiral out of control.
Pietrucha Law can help investigate, evaluate, identify and recommend appropriate corrective actions, severance packages, monetary settlements or mediation of workplace disputes.
Our law firm helps with a wide variety of employment disputes. We routinely assist employees and employers with severance agreements, medical leave disputes, professional licensing, unemployment benefits, executive co-investment opportunities, talent agency contracts, employee misconduct, internal investigations and disability accommodations.
In this #MeToo era, many employers are sick of hearing employees complain and don’t want to take accountability. The legal system provides employees with the ability to seek compensation from those responsible. We challenge employers and fight for our clients to obtain the best possible results.Attorney Cynthia Pietrucha, Employment Lawyer
About Illinois Employment Laws
Illinois is an “at will” state, which means an Illinois employer can fire an employee for any reason, at any time. This is powerful as it means many bad actions by your boss, supervisor or human resources are not necessarily illegal.
In other words you must experience an illegal adverse action to take action. While every case is different, you may be surprised to find out it’s perfectly legal for the following to occur in an Illinois workplace:
- Sudden job termination with no advance warning or real explanation
- A job transfer or demotion after 10+ years of employment
- Ostracism by your co-workers
- Unpaid discretionary bonuses
- Personality conflicts
- A mediocre performance evaluation, not made available to other employers
- Refusing to keep your job open after more than 6 months of leave
- Denial of unemployment benefits for alleged “misconduct”
However, local, state and federal laws give Illinois employees rights including the right to:
- Proper Pay: Standards for minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping
- A Safe and Healthy Workplace
- Equal treatment in the workplace free from discrimination based on race, color, age, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, arrest record, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
- Join with co-workers, without a union, to improve wages and working conditions
- Be free from retaliation as punishment for engaging in protected activity
- Medical accommodations, including a medical leave
- Collect unemployment benefits when an employer cannot prove “misconduct” or you voluntarily leave your job for “good cause”
- Accommodations for pregnancy, breastfeeding and sick child rights
Your employer must give you your personnel records IF you or your representative timely request them and you ask within a year of your separation
Under Illinois law, you are entitled to see your personnel records as long as you or your representative request them in a timely manner. Our team has reviewed hundreds of employee, management and executive personnel files. Our comprehensive review helps you recognize evidence of illegal actions to advance your case.
Read Our Blog
Employee Question – I’m Being Forced to Wear A Mask At Work During COVID-19. Is This “Legal”?
Many Illinois employees are curious about their rights while working during the COVID-19 pandemic. In recent weeks, Pietrucha Law Firm, […]
Illinois unemployment offices closed to public until further notice as claims spike by 64,000+ (apply for benefits online!)
On March 19, 2020, the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) announced the immediate closure of offices to in-person applicants. […]
Q&A – Can My Illinois Job Take My Body Temperature During the COVID-19 Crisis?
As we enter uncertain times with the COVID-19 public emergency, Illinois employees have many questions. Overall, what rights do Illinois […]